RR readers are very familiar with my thoughts on socialized medicine. Here is a summary of how our friends on the left look at Obamacare. This was forwarded by a correspondent and friend who views himself as a 'New Deal Democrat'. I found the inclusion of Jesus Christ especially heartening.
Ten Terrible Things are happening since the Obama health care overhaul!
1. Most people will now have health care.
2. The insurance companies can no longer [have a Death Panel] deny people health care.
3. The insurance companies can no longer [have a Death Panel] cancel your insurance when you become ill.
4. Parents can keep their dependent children on their health insurance policy until they are 26.
5. Insurance companies will have to be accountable for increases in premiums.
6. Ceilings on annual or lifetime benefits will be eliminated. Also, people will be able to take their coverage with them if they leave a job.
7. Insurers will have to reveal how they spend premiums – how much is used to cover medical care vs. how much is spent on executive salaries and administration costs. They will have to pay at least 85% of individual plans on medical care.
8. The doughnut hole in the part “D” Medicare drug plan will eventually close.
9. We have always helped the people that don’t work or don’t want to work – now we will help the people who work and cannot afford to have health insurance.
10. Jesus would most certainly be for health care for everybody. Jesus would help those who can’t afford health care and so should we!
The insurance companies spent millions of dollars trying not to let this happen by advertising, spreading lies and buying off the GOP. It happened anyway and now we have to live with it. What is this world coming to? This is terrible?