This morning’s massacre at an Orlando LGBT nightclub provides and ongoing confirmation of the chasm between Left and Right America. From the national Democratic leadership and their lamestream media right down to our own RR readers of a markedly progressive bent, their impetus is to deny, minimize, or ignore –
- Any connection to Islam and Islamic teachings;
- Any connection to the longstanding Islamic jihad against the west;
- Any connection to the growth of ISIS sponsored/motivated attacks in the west;
- Any connection to this administration’s policies toward combating radical Islam;
- Any admission that such massacres are part and parcel of Islam’s resumption of the war between civilizations in all its dimensions;
- To understand the night club massacre we must find a “common denominator” [Senator Bill Nelson (D)] between it and the killings like that of singer Christina Grimmie in Orlando;
- There is no connection between the killer Omar Mateen and the global Islamic jihad, his Islamic religion is just a coincidence;
- International terrorism consists of independent and coincidental acts of secular violence that have no relation to Islam nor Islamic organizations supporting worldwide jihad.
- ISIS had nothing to do with this, its recent online message boards targeting Florida and publishing a hit list of Americans to be killed was just a coincidence;
- The massacre was an act of “domestic terrorism” motivated by America’s still rampant homophobia and “insanely loose gun laws”;
- The murderer was simply a homegrown killer who hated the LGBTs, and went off the deep end because of America’s history of ‘gun violence’ and mass killings;
- Donald Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric about vetting Islamic immigrants contributes to and lends justification to such acts.
And what of the liberals’ prescription for the country’s public response to killings?
- First and foremost, suppress any and all expressions – speech, analyses, reports, … - that smack of ‘Islamophobia’ since Islam remains a religion of peace;
- Double down on all efforts and initiatives to disarm law abiding Americans and abrogate the Second Amendment;
- In the interval make the legal acquisition and uses of firearms as restricted and difficult as possible;
- Minimize the display of American symbols, totems, and Americana in general so as not to create a ‘threatening environment’ to the Muslims among us;
- Rededicate our educational system to teach the historical misdeeds of America;
- Rededicate our diplomatic efforts to separate global terrorism from its Islamic wellsprings and sources;
- Rededicate our media’s presentations to portray America as the source of all the world’s ills in the areas of human rights, economics, and imperialism – apologize for our very existence.
[Update] Now that the day is drawing to a close on the horrific massacre in Orland, it’s time to take stock on how the media, the federal government, and their grass roots constituents reacted. It turns out that they nailed the above predictions and prescriptions as far as they went. More to come.
- No mention of Islamic terrorism or jihad against the west from the feds, this in spite of overwhelming evidence that the shooter was a radical Muslim, gave credit to ISIS and its leadership for motivating him, died with ‘Allahu Akbar!’ on his lips, and that ISIS took full credit for being behind the massacre.
- Our president’s statement regarding the event was beyond lame, claiming that it was the result of “hatred” when the shooter and the rest of the world knows that it was about theocratic ideology, and that it was ISIS inspired and timed.
- The attributed proximal cause of the whole episode is the ready access to and legal possession of guns by law-abiding Americans. The occupation, training, and motivation of the killer is prudently ignored. And this will be another crisis that must not be wasted to further proscribe America’s liberties.
- Our government has no anti-jihadist policy. Its claim of droning more ragheads than the previous administration is specious. That kind of targeted killing of eagerly replaceable ISIS commanders has no effect on their spread across the world, and simply provides impetus for more Muslims – ‘migrants’ and citizens – to plan and commit lone wolf attacks. The solution to wiping ISIS off the map in Syria and Iraq is not on the table.
- The feds claim that nothing more can be done in the US since monitoring 320M people is beyond any reasonable capability, while the truth is that only the 3M from whom the terrorists issue need closer scrutiny.
- By any measure, the bane of our pro-Islamic leadership that refuses to even name a sworn enemy which successfully operates within our borders and instead provides them succor can plausibly be seen as an act of an angry God. The spiritually inclined may rightfully ask what brought this curse upon us.