- Trump’s temporary travel ban created “chaos” caused by demonstrators.
- Europe’s leaders castigated Trump while they build walls to keep Muslims out.
- No one brought up the president’s constitutional obligation to secure the country nor quoted the specific US Code that enables him to lawfully do exactly what he did that also duplicated bipartisan 2015 Senate legislation.
- Gov Moonbeam kept Vietnamese out of California because we already had “too many strange and poor immigrants.”
- President Carter had bans on Iranian immigrants.
- ‘American values’ have historically included constitutional exclusionary laws for people permitted to enter the country (I and my family were subjected to such laws in effect when we immigrated).
The Fourth Estate outdid itself over the last four days fomenting what it reported as “chaos” at the country’s airports that erupted as a result of President Trump’s order to stop travel from seven terror breeding countries. The travel ban is temporary and could have been implemented with more warning. But it was another campaign promise delivered.
The hiatus is supposed to let Homeland Security improve their ability to filter terrorists before they land on our shore. But suddenly our president living up to his constitutional obligation to secure America by acting to the letter of established law has now been deemed to violate America’s “values”. And the outrage was duly expressed by pre-organized sign carrying mobs bussed in to clog airports’ boarding gates and baggage areas – i.e. the reported chaos was not created by the legitimate traffic and operations at the airports.
To the unread this was supposed to be the chaos caused by the presidential order, and all lamestream outlets, abetted by Fox News, carried videos of the screaming hordes. Even former President Obama lauded all the good folks out there protesting the new president’s policies. The entire circus came off so well that one might even think it was orchestrated. According to government tally, the actual count of detainees during the weekend was about 110 out of over 300,000 travelers coming to the United States.