Government does best to grow the economy when government does least to grow the economy.
The election is shaping up to be a testimony to national polarization like we haven’t seen since Civil War days. Some interesting points to consider -
1. Voter ID debacle that continues to be the main dog whistle to the ignorant Democrat constituencies. There is not one shred of evidence that requiring voters to present their readily obtained bona fides has diminished minority voting – in fact, the evidence points exactly in the other direction. Here’s the acid test. If there existed ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE (emphasis mine) that what the progressives maintain is true, then they would immediately trot out the individuals who were so denied. But they cannot because 1) they don’t exist, and 2) if they tried to fabricate such occurrences, then the conservative press would take them to the cleaners for being doubly crooked – first telling the lie, and then conspiring to produce shills to abet the lie.
2. Harry Reid’s PAC is one of the biggest in the land, matching Republicans on every front. This is the man who has single-handedly put a hold on over 350 House passed bills so that Democrats in the Senate would not have to vote on them and declare their true colors as the true obstructionists. All the while the Left led by Obama and lickspittled by the lamestream keep screaming that it is the Republicans who are keeping Congress in gridlock.
3. Using the manufactured gridlock argument we will now see Obama put to use, during the lame duck session, the tens of millions of ‘don’t worry about ever being deported’ cards that he has had printed up. If that is not a scumbag tactic, then why is he keeping that a pre-election secret from his reading-disabled constituents.
4. Locally we lost our second ‘No on S’ election sign from the street – the third one has replaced it. These signs have been disappearing by droves all over the county. A neighbor saw members of the Measure S scumbag patrol pull into his driveway to take away his sign. They saw him and vamoosed. Their description matches what you would think that imported seasonal MJ workers would look like – not people you would invite to dinner. But these criminal antics sure confirm what Measure S is all about.
5. As Obama has amply demonstrated, the nation’s dormant Islamists know which side their global goals are buttered on in America. David Rusin of PJ Media reports on what Islamist Watch has discovered (here). The followers of Allah have contributed twelve times as much money to Democrats as to other candidates in this election. Money talks, bullshit walks. (H/T to reader)
6. (astute readers are welcome to contribute more pre-election shenanigans)
All of these points are documented and documentable. We hope that our Left leaners counter these points with equivalent credentials.
[4nov14 update] Well, today is election day, and you see all kinds of 'Please Vote!' exhortations on signs, in the media, including the blogs. They all seem to be unconditional invitations for citizens (and some to non-citizens) to get off their couches and into voting booths, regardless of what they know about the election - candidates and issues - fogging a mirror qualifies you. As you might expect, that is not the message of RR. Here we ask you to stay the hell out of the voting booth if you have not informed yourself about who the candidates are and what they stand for, and/or how they have voted on things that are important to you. The same goes for the issues. Don't be a soundbite voter - 1) inform yourself, 2) then vote. Otherwise stay home, have a glass of your favorite adult beverage, and just watch the returns or Brady Bunch reruns or whatever. But then, you knew that.